Tuesday 11 October 2011

Be Sinfully Satisfied with Aysee's Sisig and Crispy Pork

Along the steep inclined road that takes you from Lanuza street to the Philippine Sports Arena (formerly ULTRA) lies a hole-in-the-wall carinderia-type restaurant that serves the best sisig and crispy pork I have ever tasted. 

Fellow gourmandes, meet Aysee.


From the looks of the happy customers in Aysee, it attracts people from all walks of life. At one table, there was a group of people wearing department store-employee uniforms having a good conversation. Beside them there was a couple who seemed to be enjoying their budget-friendly date. And on another table was seated a man chowing down his rice meal with so much gusto, probably waiting before it was time pick up his employer from a friend's house in a nearby exclusive village.

Aysee's menu had everything that would make any hungry person extremely happy, from sizzling plates to short orders. If you're on a rice diet, you shouldn't even attempt to go here.


We heard that what makes Aysee popular is their sisig and crispy pork, and so C and I just had to give those a try. For me, the sisig was the clear winner between the two. It was a generous serving of chopped pork parts (I'd rather not know which part of the pig it came from), mixed with egg. Each spoonful had that delicious buttery and margarine-like taste that I have never tasted in any other kind of sisig I've tried. It was just so good and drool-worthy that I myself had to break my no rice diet (we ordered 2 cups of rice, at 10 pesos each). Until now, I can't forget how good that sisig was.

Sisig with egg - P100
The crispy pork was, true to its name, very crispy. From the pork meat, down to the fat layer. And I appreciated the fact that it wasn't oily at all despite it being deep fried. It also went very well with the soy sauce mixture that came with it.

Crispy Pork - P100
C and I thoroughly enjoyed these two dishes that we just had to eat with our hands! It was definitely worth the calories, the cholesterol, and the smell of sisig and soy sauce that lingered in our fingers for the next few days :)


THE GOURMANDE'S SCORE: 5 out of 5 - A sinfully satisfying meal, all for 220 pesos!

No comments:

Post a Comment